Why should infants take swim
Did you know that the #1 cause of death for children under the age
of 5 in California is drowning? The statistics, according to the U.S.
Consumer Product Safety Commission, are startling.
- 69% of drownings occurred while one or both
parents were responsible for supervision.
- 65% occurred in a pool owned by the child’s
- 77% of the children had been seen 5 minutes
or less before being missed and subsequently discovered in the pool.
Obviously, constant vigilance is required most,
as well as childproof gates and securely locked doors to family pools.
However, the sooner a child can learn to swim, the better chance they’ll
survive a fall into pool and propel their way to safety.
The 5 advantages of baby swim lessons are:
- Safety of knowing how to swim
- Emotional bonding due to skin on skin contact
between parent and child
- Prevention of aqua phobia (fear of water)
- Uninterrupted quality of time between parent
- Exercise of all major muscle groups